HIIT cardio workout is one of the best training practices you can do to shred fast. It is, in fact, a perfect exercise for burning fat and boosting your endurance. It also helps tone your body and help build strength and speed. The following are five HIIT exercises you can do whenever wherever because you can perform all these without equipment.
HIIT Cardio Workout: How to Maximize Your Caloric Burn
1. Thigh Slap Jumps
Thigh slap jumps exercise the quads, hamstrings, and calves.
How To: With legs apart, jump up explosively with your hands slapping the thighs mid-air, and then land slowly.
2. Inchworm Push-Ups
Inchworm push-ups strengthen your side shoulders, front shoulders, triceps, wrist flexors, and traps.
- Stand with ample space in front of you.
- Hinge forward at the hips and press your hands onto the floor.
- Straighten your legs and walk your body out to a plank position.
- Do a push-up and then proceed to walk your legs forward approaching your hands.
Trivia: Since this exercise helps warm up your entire body, inchworm push-ups can also be a warm-up routine aside from a core workout.
3. Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers are a killer exercise involving your front shoulders, upper and lower abs, and the transverse abdominal muscle. This type of exercise is not only good to build up your upper body but also good for your heart.
- Get into a plank position.
- Drive one knee toward your chest and alternate with the other.
- Speed up to increase the heart rate.
Kick-throughs exercise your core, glutes, and shoulders. It also boosts your balance and coordination.
- Get into the plank position.
- Turn your body to the left and kick your right leg through.
- Reach out to your toe with your left arm.
- Get back into the plank position and repeat with the opposite side.
Tip: To make yourself more stable when doing the kick-throughs, make sure not to stick your hips too high or too low.
5. Alternating Jump Lunges
Alternating jump lunges exercise the quads, hamstrings, glutes, abs, and calves.
- Put your hands on the hips and get into the stance position.
- Knees must be bent at about 90 degrees.
- Push yourself off the ground, jump, and switch the position of your legs while mid-air.
- Land into the lunge position with the opposite leg forward.
Tip: Alternating jump lunges require an advanced skill level. So, remember not to land too hard. Instead, try to land as softly as you can.
Reminder: The whole workout plan follows the 20 seconds on/ 10 seconds rest interval.
V Shred shares a 10-minute clip of HIIT cardio workout you can follow along anytime, anywhere:
High-intensity interval training or HIIT cardio workout is a fat-burning powerhouse and pushes you really hard. But, the HIIT weight loss results are immense that, over time, you’re going to be burning calories while just sitting down! Motivate yourself with this HIIT workout routine to look good and feel good.
Which of these HIIT cardio workout exercises do you find most challenging? Let us know in the comments section below. And to know what type of diet and exercise is best for you? Take this short quiz to find out!