Do you want a new arm workout with dumbbells? If you want to get in shape quickly, or are just looking to tone your muscles, then you have come to the right place. Check out this list of arm workouts with dumbbells we made especially to help you target those biceps and triceps.
This dumbbell arm workout routine is good for those who like to travel, and cannot find a gym that’s close enough. Each workout is joined with a superset, which is a great and quick way to have a full tricep and bicep workout using just dumbbells. Read on, and follow these arm workouts with dumbbells for an effective workout routine:
Arm Workout with Dumbbells for Bigger Arms
1. Dumbbell Tricep Press with Seated Hammer Curls
- This workout is similar to a normal chest press.
- While laying down, bring your hands to a neutral position with your hands facing your wrists and your palms positioned towards each other.
- Drop your elbows towards your sides.
- Make sure that your elbows are aligned with your chest and abs.
- Do not go down too low, stop at about 90 degrees then press back up.
- Always ensure you squeeze your tricep on your way up to make the workout as effective as possible.
- Do this ten times.
Seated Hammer Curls
- This exercise can be done either alternately with each arm, or simultaneously, depending on your personal preference.
- Do not swing your arms. Always ensure that your shoulders are stable.
- Squeeze your bicep going up, and slowly control it going down.
- Do this ten times.
- After the set, rest for 1 minute.
2. Dumbbell Skull Crushers with Supinated Curls
Skull crushers are a great overhead extension workout, follow the tips below to learn how to do it:
- Lay flat on your back.
- Hold the dumbbells in your hands with your palms facing up.
- Make sure to stop at 90 degrees with your elbows, then press up.
- Keep your elbows in an inward motion, then squeeze up with your tricep.
- Do this ten times.
- This workout is similar to the seated dumbbell curl, only this time you need to face your palms forward and twist your wrists to maximize the lengthening and shortening of the bicep.
- Make sure you roll your shoulders back before starting the workout and stick out your chest, then curl up
- Keep your elbow and shoulders in the same spot. This can either be done alternately or simultaneously depending on your preference.
- Do this ten times on each arm, and make sure to control both arms on your way up and down.
- After completing the workout, take a 1-minute rest.
3. Dumbbell Overhead Extensions with Concentration Curls
- While seated, make sure to keep your back as straight as possible.
- Straighten your arms almost above your head, then bring it back and pulled together.
- Make sure to squeeze your elbow as you perform each motion.
- Do this 10 times.
- Using a strong seated position, rest your arm against your leg.Make sure to use your leg as a point of support so you can use your bicep to perform the curl.
- Make sure that all motions are controlled as possible when going up and down.
- Do 10 this ten times on each side, with a 1 minute break time.
Take note that your triceps and biceps need to be fully engaged throughout all dumbbell workouts listed. Do not disengage at any point in the exercise, because you could be taking away a lot of leverage in the routines.
If you want to learn more about this arm workout with dumbbells, check out the link below:
These dumbbell arm workout routines are great for those who are always traveling, who do not have time to go to a normal gym, or just want to switch up their bicep and tricep workouts. Try it out for yourself to see which one works best for you!
So, you want to get bigger arms? You think you got what it takes to be a part of the best arms workout program on the internet? Then click this link to check out our “Big Arms” program, where we go super in-depth on how to expand your arms and become a living HULK. Don’t wait, the arms of your dreams are in that link!
Did you like this article? Let us know what you think, and drop us a comment below! For more updates on other articles with effective workouts, check out our blog here.