Detox drinks for weight loss can be valuable additions to your diet. These drinks are packed with ingredients that can help speed up the process. Additionally, having these healthy beverages can provide a bit of variety to your breakfast routine. Here are a few detox drink ideas to complement your detox diet!
Detox Drinks for Weight Loss | Drinks to Help Shed Extra Weight
In this article (click to scroll directly to the recipe):
- Blueberry and Orange Detox Water
- Grapefruit Mint Detox Water
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Papaya Smoothie
- Holy Basil and Peach Detox Smoothie
- Fenugreek and Lime
- Mango Ginger Water
- Caffeine Seduction
- Minty Guava Weight Loss Detox
- Chia Seeds and Apple Smoothie
- Garcinia Cambogia Tummy Tucker
- Coconut Water and Kiwi Smoothie
- Berries Shed Fat Detox
- Raspberry Orange Detox Water
- Carrot and Celery Calorie Burner
- Cleansing Cucumber Lemonade
- Lemon Ginger Detox Drink
- Pineapple Mint Spritzer
- Peach and Cucumber Detox Drink
- Raspberry and Grapes Detox Smoothie
- Honeydew Melon Detox Water
- Pineapple Lemonade
1. Blueberry and Orange Detox Water
Simply add a half cup of crushed blueberries and orange wedges from a full orange to a 1 liter pitcher of water, and you’ll have a wonderful and healthy concoction. This detox water can boost your metabolism. Additionally, its antioxidant properties can help flush out your system.
2. Grapefruit Mint Detox Water
This detox water is another nutritionally-packed one. Most of its health benefits come from its high Vitamin-C component in the citrus! These benefits include the following:
- Boost immunity
- Good for your heart
- Hydrating and low in calories
The recipe for this detox water is quite easy. All you have to do is gather these ingredients and mix them into a pitcher of water, and drink all day!
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 grapefruit, sliced
- 6 sprigs mint, lightly crushed
3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Papaya Smoothie
Apple cider is a must-have when you are trying to detox and lose weight. Having an apple cider detox drink helps in fighting inflammation and building immunity, while also lowering cholesterol levels. But be warned, its taste isn’t very palatable.
To get your daily dose, consider adding it into your smoothies to mask the acidity. Gather the following ingredients to create this drink:
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- papaya, sliced and cubed
- 3 black peppercorns, crushed
4. Holy Basil and Peach Detox Smoothie
Holy basil is great at reducing cholesterol levels and regulating glucose levels. Its health benefits include antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Peach, on the other hand, combats neurodegenerative diseases and helps metabolize fat.
Holy Basil and Peach Detox Smoothie Recipe
- Wash your holy basil leaves with running tap water.
- Grind the holy basil.
- Roughly chop peaches then run them through a blender.
- Pour your peach puree into a glass.
- Add the basil leaves and half a glass of cold water to the peach smoothie.
- Stir well and serve.
5. Fenugreek and Lime
Fenugreek is a great antioxidant that also helps with lowering blood sugar levels.
This detox beverage is easy to make and only needs three ingredients:
- A tablespoon of fenugreek seeds
- Juice from half a lime
- A glass of water
This recipe does not need a blender or food processor, unlike other detox drinks. Simply soak the fenugreek seeds overnight in a glass of water. You can then strain the seeds and add the lime juice to the resulting liquid. Stir well and serve cold.
6. Mango Ginger Water
Mangoes are great for weight loss because they can help boost metabolism as well as encourage digestion. Given this, combining this wonder fruit with a bit of ginger, another powerful antioxidant, provides one of the most effective detox drinks for weight loss. To make this detox water, add 1 inch sliced and peeled ginger root and a cup of frozen mango to a pitcher of water.
7. Caffeine Seduction
You can still get your daily caffeine kick while on a diet with the Caffeine Seduction. In fact, caffeine actually helps with weight loss. This drink is easy to make and does not require any equipment. Simply mix some instant coffee powder, cocoa powder, and flaxseed powder with a bit of warm water to make this beverage yourself.
- Add 1 teaspoon of instant coffee powder, half a teaspoon of cocoa powder, and 1 teaspoon of flaxseed powder to a cup of warm water.
- Stir well and serve. This drink is best enjoyed by taking small sips.
8. Minty Guava Weight Loss Detox
Guava is another fruit that really helps with weight loss. The fruit helps maintain stable blood pressure while also helping keep the common flu and colds at bay. This detox drink also includes fennel seeds, which are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and other antioxidants valuable for weight loss. And, lastly, there is also mint. This herb cools the GI tract and helps improve digestion.
To make this drink at home, you will need one ripe guava, a handful of mint leaves, and half a teaspoon of fennel seed powder.
- Remove the seeds from your guava.
- Chop and run the guava through a blender.
- Pour the resulting guava juice into a glass.
- Add fennel seed powder to the juice, stir well, and serve.
9. Chia Seeds and Apple Smoothie
Chia seed is a great source of good fats essential to burning more calories. This help metabolizes fat, as well as prevent insulin resistance. Apples, on the other hand, lower cholesterol which then reduce the risk of heart disease. This smoothie recipe only requires four ingredients:
- chia seeds, 1 tablespoon
- 1 apple, roughly chopped
- A handful of mint leaves
- One pinch of black salt
- Soak chia seeds in a glass of water for 2-3 minutes.
- Puree the apple in a blender.
- Pour the resulting apple puree into the water and chia seed mixture.
- Give the mint leaves a rough chop and add them to the glass.
- Lastly, add the salt to the water, stir, and serve.
10. Garcinia Cambogia Tummy Tucker
Why go under the knife to get a tummy tuck when you can always just have your daily dose of this effective weight loss drink? Simply soak half a teaspoon of cumin seeds in a glass of water overnight then strain them out in the morning. After this, add one or two drops of Garcinia Cambogia liquid and stir. This drink works best when taken on an empty stomach early in the morning.
11. Coconut Water and Kiwi Smoothie
This tropical smoothie can do wonders for your weight loss journey while also giving you something tasty to sip on. To make this smoothie, you will need to have a cup of coconut water, 2 sliced kiwis, and a handful of mint leaves.
- Blend the kiwis till smooth.
- Pour the juice into a glass and add the coconut water.
- Crush the mint leaves and add them to the glass.
- Stir well and serve cold.
12. Berries Shed Fat Detox
Berries are great for weight loss due to being rich in antioxidants. They are also helpful in reducing any risk of heart disease and diabetes. To make this detoxifying beverage, you will need half a cup of chopped strawberries, 3 or 4 cranberries, 3 or 4 blueberries, a fistful of mint leaves, and a bit of black salt.
- Blend together all of the berries until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a glass and add a pinch of your black salt.
- Add in the mint leaves and stir well.
13. Raspberry Orange Detox Water
This detox water is the perfect refreshing summer treat. It is also packed with vitamin C and antioxidants. And, like all other types of fruit water, it is easy to make. Simply cut an orange into thin slices and crush 1 pint of raspberries. After this, add the fruit into a pitcher of water and serve.
14. Carrot and Celery Calorie Burner
Carrots and celery are great to have around when you are trying to lose weight. This is because carrot juice is great for preventing cardiovascular diseases while celery helps lower blood pressure and burns calories. To make this calorie burner, you will need 1 carrot, a celery stalk, 1 lime wedge, half a teaspoon of ground black pepper, and a pinch of salt.
- Do a rough chop on your carrot and celery stalk then run the vegetables through a blender.
- Pour the resulting juice into a glass.
- Squeeze in the lime juice.
- Add your salt and pepper.
- Stir well and serve.
15. Cleansing Cucumber Lemonade
Lemons have great detoxifying properties while cucumbers are incredibly hydrating. That being said, this beverage is delicious, refreshing, and one of the most effective detox drinks. To make this lemonade, you will need to have the following ingredients:
- a pound of chopped cucumbers, with half a cup of cucumbers reserved for garnish
- 2 cups lemon juice (approximately 15 lemons)
- 8 cups water, equally divided
- 2/3 cup raw honey
- 12 ice cubes
- Blend the chopped cucumbers along with 1 or 2 cups of water. Strain the blended mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Discard the pulp and add ice on top of the cucumber juice.
- Heat one and a half cups of water until it is steaming (but not boiling).
- Remove the water from the heat and dissolve the honey into it.
- Pour the honey and water mixture, lemon, and water over the ice and cucumber.
- Stir and enjoy!
16. Lemon Ginger Detox Drink
The combination of lemon and ginger in this detox drink makes it the best detox for weight loss. These two ingredients will do wonders for your metabolism, which will then help you burn more calories and speed up your weight loss. And you don’t need to go to a fancy coffee shop to get your healthy drink to start your day. This drink is easy enough to make at home, which is great because this allows you to omit any sugar. All you have to do is add the juice of half a lemon to a full glass of water. After this, simply grate some ginger directly into your glass.
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 lemon cut into slices
- 1 piece of fresh ginger cut a peeled (roughly one inch)
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
17. Pineapple Mint Spritzer
Pineapple is an important part of a weight loss diet due to its bromelain component. Bromelain is an enzyme that helps cleanse the colon. However, it’s easy to get sick of eating pineapple. Given this, you might want to get creative with your pineapple through making this spritzer.
- In your drinking glass, mix in 1 cup of pure pineapple juice, 2 cups of tonic water, and 3 fresh mint leaves.
- Mix the juice together and add ice.
18. Peach and Cucumber Detox Drink
This detox drink is great for changing things up in your diet. The many different ingredients that are added to it makes this beverage unique and interesting.
- 1 whole peach
- 1 cup of chopped cucumber
- half a teaspoon of roasted cumin powder
- a teaspoonful of honey
- 1 wedge of lime
- a pinch of salt
- a handful of mint leaves
- Scoop the flesh out of the peach and run it through a blender.
- After blending the peach, add the chopped cucumber and blend the mixture together.
- Pour the juice into a glass and add the lime juice, honey, salt, mint leaves, and roasted cumin powder.
- Stir the beverage well and refrigerate before drinking.
19. Raspberry and Grapes Detox Smoothie
Raspberries and grapes also have impressive antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties helpful for weight loss. That being said, this smoothie is ideal for a quick breakfast. All you’ll need is half a cup of roughly chopped raspberries, a cup of green grapes, a handful of mint leaves, and a pinch of black salt.
- Blend together the raspberries and grapes.
- Pour the resulting smoothie into a glass.
- Mix in the mint leaves and black salt.
20. Honeydew Melon Detox Water
Honeydew melons are packed with great vitamins and minerals, while the added lime and mint help keep your gut healthy. The refreshing experience this drink provides makes it a wonderful summertime treat. To make this, all you need is half a cup of thinly sliced honeydew melon, 4 wedges of lime, and 4-5 mint leaves. Simply toss all of the ingredients into a mason jar filled with water. Following this, refrigerate the beverage overnight. The following day, keep this drink at your side and take small sips of this detox water to curb your appetite until lunchtime.
21. Pineapple Lemonade
This pineapple-flavored lemonade is a great source of vitamin C. It also helps encourage good digestion and boosts immunity. The inclusion of maple syrup and cayenne pepper perfectly complement the tangy notes of lemon and pineapple. Additionally, the pepper also helps speed up your metabolism which will then help you with your weight loss.
- 1 cup of chopped pineapple
- The juice of one lemon
- a teaspoonful of maple syrup
- half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- a pinch of salt
- Put the pineapple into a blender and blend it till smooth.
- Pour the resulting juice into a glass.
- Add the remaining ingredients (lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and salt).
- Stir well.
- Serve cold.
And to help you further with your weight loss journey, watch V Shred’s beginner’s guide to meal prep:
We hope you find these detox drinks for weight loss ideas to be useful as you meal prep for your next week of eating. These drinks would be even more effective when coupled with a full detox diet. Often, we end up paying so much attention to our food intake that we overlook the beverages that go with our meals. Given this, we must be reminded that the drinks we sip on also impact our bodies, and so, we must ensure we are making healthy choices when it comes to beverages.
What drinks do you enjoy while on a weight loss diet? Let us know in the comments section below.
Up Next: Water For Weight Loss: Hydrate To A Healthier You