Click Here to take our free body type quiz and learn what diet and training is best for you!
Getting in shape is no easy task. There are lots of questions, confusions and mistakes made along the way. But over the years of working out and training thousands of clients around the world, I have put together 5 of the most common mistakes made when it comes to working out.
- You’re not following a specific program.
This is a huge mistake that I personally made for years, and it was one of the biggest reasons I never made any progress in the gym. Why? Because I had no plan laid out. I picked random exercises to do everyday. I picked whatever number of sets I felt like doing. I did whatever number of reps felt ok, and in the end, I never got the guaranteed progression from having a carefully structure plan that was built for building muscle or building strength. I was just “winging it”.
So if you’re not on any type of plan and you’re looking to change that, take our free body type quiz and get started on one today! Click Here to take the quiz!
- You’re not focusing on form.
After you have your plan laid out, the next thing you have to be careful of, is form. Form is one of the biggest factors when it comes to building muscle. Without proper form, you will struggle to target individual muscles. Without proper form, you will struggle to get the amount of time under tension needed to actually benefit from your weight training. And without proper form, you put yourself at risk of injury. So make sure your form is on point for all your exercises!
If you don’t know what proper form is for the exercises you’re doing, ALL of our programs have videos of every single exercise included so you can be confident that you are performing all your exercises correctly! Click Here to take our free body type quiz and fix your form today!
- You’re not challenging yourself.
This one is something that a lot of us are guilty for doing without even realizing it. Truth is, most of us probably think we challenge ourselves. But what really is happening, is instead of challenging ourselves, we are limiting ourselves. But how? Because when you go to the gym and you know what exercises you’re doing, how many sets you’re doing and how many reps you’re doing… Odds are, you are completing those exercises, sets and reps and going home thinking you pushed yourself because you completed it. But really, what actually happened, was you told yourself you were going for 3 sets of 10, and you stopped after your 10th rep, even though you could’ve gotten 11 or 12 reps. And this probably happened for almost every set. So make sure you’re using weight that is challenging you enough to the point where you can’t do a single rep higher than the number you’re going for!
- You’re not getting enough sleep.
This one is not so much related to what you do when you’re physically at the gym, but is very important if you want to perform at the optimal level when you do go to the gym. You need to make sure you’re getting at least 6 hours of sleep a night. If you’re not, you are suffering from a lack of muscle recovery, a lack of additional caloric expenditure from the hormones that your body naturally secretes when you sleep, and also, you receive an increase of cortisol, which is your body’s stress hormone and responsible for fat storage. So make sure you’re getting 6 hours of sleep a night!
If you have trouble falling asleep and you’re not sure what to do, I recommend taking a natural sleep aid supplement to help you not only fall asleep, but get quality, deep sleep so that you’re not tossing and turning all night. Click Here to get the natural sleep supplement that I love!
- You’re not eating right!
Yes, I know, this one is also not related to physically being at the gym but is also one that will hugely affect how you perform and the results you see from your workouts. For years, I personally worked my butt off in the gym, only to go home and eat oreos or Eggo waffles or any type of junk food that was in my cabinet and I thought getting in shape just wasn’t in my DNA. When the truth is, diet is 80% of getting your dream body, training is the other 20%. So I was doing only 20% of the work and wondering why I wasn’t see results. Then as soon as I took care of the most important part, I saw almost immediate progress like never before.
If you don’t know what you should be doing as far as your diet goes and you can’t stand starving yourself, take our free body type quiz and learn the real, sustainable way to get in shape for your goals. Click Here to find out what diet you should follow!
But that’s it! Make the changes I suggest above and watch as the progress speeds up and never slows down again! Also, make sure to leave any comments below or share this on your social medias if you found it interesting!