Shake up your diet with this delicious, guilt-free post-workout cookie recipe.
Delicious Post-Workout Cookie Recipe You Should Try
Watch this video first:
- 3/4 cup raw ground almonds or almond meal
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup dates, packed (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and drained)
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons salted almond butter
- dried fruits (optional)
- seeds (optional)
- flaxseed (optional)
- nuts (optional)
- dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Take the dates and grind them in a food processor.
- Throw in the almond butter and banana until they mix with the dates.
- Add the oats and almond meal then pulse in the food processor.
- Grind until it forms a loose, sticky dough.
- Take the dough and put it in a large bowl. If the dough is too sticky, you can add in some almond meal or oats.
- Throw in optional ingredients if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Form round discs with the cookie dough.
- Line the discs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until cookies are firm and golden brown.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to your plate or food container.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator to maintain freshness.
What Makes These Cookies a Good Post-Workout Snack?
The main reason we strongly suggest trying this post-workout cookie recipe is it has most of the nutrients you need for muscle recovery. During the first 30 minutes after a workout, your body switches from a catabolic to an anabolic state.
This means it needs at least enough protein and carbs to maximize muscle growth. It’s also the reason many fitness buffs take protein shakes after their workouts.
If you’re looking for a snack to eat in place of protein shakes, this easy low-carb protein cookie recipe is what you need. It has protein and carbs but does not contain any gluten.
This means most of the nutrients you consume will help build your muscles. None of them will turn to fat. Plus, our post-workout cookie recipe is definitely healthier compared to other snacks.
Why Diets Fail
One common reason diets fail is that people tend to snack too much. Not just after their workouts, but also in between meals.
Since it may be a bit difficult to completely stop snacking, you should find another way around it. What you can do is try healthier options like this protein cookie recipe.
Remember that the key to having a rocking body is to maintain a healthy balance between your workouts and your diet. You don’t need to give up sweets and snacks completely. All you need are healthier options that suit both your wants and needs.
So what are you waiting for? Grab an apron and try out this easy, delicious post-workout cookie recipe.
Trying to find more healthy recipes like these? Want to easily cook delicious food that was designed by a professional chef without cooking or prepping for an hour straight? Our Recipe Guide offers dozens of delicious and healthy recipes that only take 20-30 minutes MAXIMUM to make and will change your life for the better almost instantly! You can get our recipe guide and a lifetime of 5-star recipes for the price of a meal at a restaurant TODAY by clicking this link!
What did you think of our post-workout cookie recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!